If you suffer from bad knees, you may think that running is not an option. However, this isn’t necessarily the case. With the right pair of running shoes, you can alleviate the stress on your joints and continue to stay active. There are now a number of shoes designed specifically for people who suffer from knee pain. Here are the top eight running shoes for bad knees.
1. ASICS GEL-Nimbus 20: The ASICS GEL-Nimbus is one of the most popular running shoes for bad knees. It has extra cushioning to protect your knees and joints, as well as a gel foam midsole that provides plenty of comfort and durability.
2. Brooks Adrenaline GTS 19: The Brooks Adrenaline GTS is a well-cushioned sneaker that offers plenty of support for bad knees. It has a curved heel to reduce pain when running, and a full-length DNA cushioning that adapts to your feet and movement.
3. New Balance 860v9: The New Balance 860v9 is specifically designed for bad knees. It has a N2 cushioning system that provides superior cushioning and shock absorption for sore knees, as well as a rocker bottom that helps to reduce stress on the joints.
4. Saucony Guide ISO 2: The Saucony Guide ISO 2 is perfect for those who suffer from knee problems. It has an EVERUN cushioning system to absorb shock, as well as a FORMFIT design that contours to your foot and provides a comfortable fit.
5. Nike React Infinity Run: The Nike React Infinity Run is lightweight, durable and offers plenty of support. It has a full-length React foam cushioning system that is designed to reduce impact on your joints and knees, as well as plenty of stability features to keep your feet planted when running.
6. Mizuno Wave Sky 3: The Mizuno Wave Sky 3 is a lightweight running shoe that is ideal for bad knees. It has a U4icX cushioning system that provides plenty of cushioning and shock absorption, and a wave plate for enhanced stability.
7. Adidas Solar BOOST: The Adidas Solar BOOST is designed for those who suffer from knee pain. It has a BOOST midsole that provides superior cushioning and shock absorption to reduce impact on your joints, and a flexible upper to ensure a comfortable fit.
8. Hoka One One Bondi 6: The Hoka One One Bondi 6 is an ultra-cushioned running shoe that is perfect for bad knees. It has a dual-depth midsole for superior cushioning and shock absorption, and plenty of cushioning to reduce impact on your joints.
No matter what level of discomfort you are experiencing, there are great running shoes available to help alleviate your knee pain. Before you purchase a pair, it’s important to know the features and features should always consult with a medical professional before starting any new exercise program.