It’s no surprise that running is one of the most popular forms of exercise out there. Not only does it offer a great cardio workout, but it’s also an excellent way to build strength and endurance in your lower body. But does running actually make your legs bigger?
The simple answer is no. Running will not make your legs bigger. Depending on your overall body fat percentage and muscle-to-fat ratio, your legs may appear bigger or smaller. However, running will not cause muscles in your legs to grow like other forms of exercise.
Running can, however, help you burn body fat, which will make your legs look thinner and more toned. For those looking to slim down their legs, running is an excellent way to do so. Here are five tips to help you get the most out of your running routine for thinner legs.
1. Increase Your Intensity: When it comes to running for thinner legs, one of the most important tips is to maximize the intensity of your run. The more intensely you run, the more calories you’ll burn and the shorter your runs can be. This is a great way to maximize your time and get the most out of your running session.
2. Stick to your Pace: It’s easy to get lost in the moment and start running too fast too soon, but this can lead to burnout. Instead, set a goal pace and try to stick to it throughout your run.
3. Mix it Up: Running can get monotonous, which can lead to boredom and sporadic workouts. To prevent this, try varying the intensity and length of your running sessions. Add some sprints, hill repeats and other intervals to mix it up and challenge yourself.
4. Focus on Form: Pay attention to your form while running in order to maximize your performance and prevent any injuries. Make sure your body is tall and your strides are long. Your knees should be slightly bent and your feet should land beneath your body.
5. Strengthen: To help make your running more efficient, add strength exercises to your routine such as squats, lunges and calf raises. This will help build more muscle in the legs and create a more toned look.
By following these tips and doing more intense running sessions, you can slim down your legs and have that toned look you’ve always wanted. Running is a great way to burn fat and get in shape, but it won’t make your legs bigger. So don’t worry, just lace up and start running!